Librarian: Mr J Warburton
Library Assistant: Ms M Khan
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:15 PM
The school library is open and staffed continuously from 8:00 am to 4:15 pm. We aim to support our students and staff members in their learning, teaching, research and study as well as their recreational reading. Literacy and independent study are encouraged while all the support necessary is given as and when needed. All students are welcome to use the library before and after school during homework club as well as during morning and lunch break for study and research, to complete their homework , to read or borrow books.
Resources we offer
- Extensive fiction and non-fiction collection to support all subjects and ability level, a small collection of this in large print.
- Audio-visual resources: DVDs to support every subject including documentaries, films in English as well as French, German and Spanish (age restrictions will apply); CDs audio-books as well as an extensive collection of classical music, Cameras photo as well as video cameras to be borrowed with teachers approval only, Laptops these are 6th form only
- Sheet Music
- Newspapers and Magazines
Library Behaviour & Rules
Students are encouraged to behave in a way that makes the use of the library a pleasant experience for all:
- Students are expected to study, complete homework or read.
- Students have to ensure that all resources are issued to them before taking them out of the library.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library and 6th former’s mobile phones have to be turned off.
Borrowing Limits & Times
Students may borrow:
- 2 fiction books for up to 2 weeks
- 2 non-fiction books for up to 1 week
- 1audio-book / DVD or CD for up to 1 week, age restrictions apply
- 1 magazine for 1 week
- 1 camera with teacher’s approval
- 6th form students may borrow the above as well as a netbook for same day
Computers in the Library
The library has 30 computer work stations to support student’s study needs. During homework club before and after school these are for the free use of all students. During the school day they are for 6th form free study and lower school students require a note from their teacher if they need to use a library computer. Use is monitored and expected for school and study related purposes only.
6th Form in the Library
6th form students are allowed to use the library for silent study throughout the school day. We attempt to provide all study resources listed as recommended by the exam board of their chosen subject as well as an extensive selection of wider reading.