Continued Professional Development
At MHCHS we are committed to supporting our staff to develop and progress to be the best they can be – whether they are teaching or non-teaching colleagues.
We offer :
- Regular and targeted CPD and development opportunities, on site, online and externally.
- Whole school departmental and voluntary training are provided throughout the year.
- Opportunities to contribute to the training of others.
- Individuals may pursue areas of interest through our subscription to the National College online offer.
- 5 afternoons per year of early closure are given over to staff training in areas such as Teaching and Learning, SEN and Classroom Management.
- We support leadership development of individuals through National Professional Qualifications for Leadership at middle and senior levels – partially funded by the School.
- Opportunities to be seconded onto the Senior Leadership Team
- Individual career coaching and support from senior leaders is available.
- Support for further education qualifications.
- Early Career Framework for our Early Career Teachers, alongside regular social and support meetings for ECTs, ECTs +1 and ECTS +2.